"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~~Wisdom from Dr. Seuss:

1.23.2010

Saturday in the Hills

It's a fairly warm Saturday here in the hills for a Saturday in Jan.
Suppose to top out today at 55.
The sun is trying to sneak it's little head out and say "howdy".
I know it's hard to believe but I am still in my jammies here at 2pm
and to be perfectly honest, I don't know that I will get out of them today.
It's so nice to just be lazy!!!
DH asked this morning if I would fix "Lennie's Duck"
which is a dish here in the hills we fix.  Who knows, maybe others do?
It's great with a big pone of cornbread and glass of sweet tea, Mmmm..
I told him that was fine, and since I had the stuff, I would make the
Christy sure does know how to make a mean lemon pie.
 

We had a piece of Ice box Lemon Pie which is
similiar to this at Bozo's Hot Pit Bar-B-Que in Mason TN


(outside of Memphis TN) a few years back on our anniversary. 
It was awesome!!  I guess so since I learned while looking for an addy to it
this morning that Hard Rock Cafe' has bought them out,
and trying to make them an international success as well.
Which is somewhat disappointing since it was a great small town place.
It also is where they filmed part of Walk The Line about Johnny & Juny Cash.
DH had to have some bar-b-que sauce to go
That is what is in the brown bag, not booze.


Although it is addictive as booze some would say.


Reason why I love DH today?
1. He went to Wally World so I didn't have to, and took my brother
2. He is outside taking down all the Christmas lights while it's still warm
3. Simply because he loves me so.

So here is the recipe for Lennie's Duck
(I will have DH take a picture to post later)
  • 1lb of hamburger
  • 1/4lb pork sausage
  • 6 potatoes peeled & quartered
  • 2 large onions quartered
  • 4 carrots sliced
  • 1 head of cabbage quartered
Mix hamburger & sausage with salt and pepper.  Roll into balls about the size of a quarter.
Place in 13x9x2 inch pan.  Add potatoes, carrots, onions. 
I usually pull my cabbage quarters apart and lay across the other stuff.
I usually only use half the cabbage, and sometimes even fix it seperate as boiled cabbage.
Salt a little again (or alot if you're me)
Cover and cook at 400 for 1 1/2 hrs.
Serve with Cornbread and Sweet Tea!
 



3 comments:

Taylor said...

That pie looks so yummy! I hope it was good.

Debbie said...

That Bozo's was on the way from my husband's house to his grandparents' house. We used to stop there all the time!!!

tammy said...

Sure that's what's in the brown bag.

You're making me hungry!