"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~~Wisdom from Dr. Seuss:

3.07.2009

The Week of Song

I can't believe I have let another week slip by without posting. As always it's been full of chaos, and on top of that my being sick. YUCK!! I had made it through almost all winter without it. But I pulled up my Granny Panties and Sucked It Up, so to speak. I came to work miserable, which worked out well with little or no voice, meant I didn't have to respond other than with a viscous look I am sure. I came home every night and went straight to bed. That meant no recipe on Tuesday. Maybe this week I will do two, to make up.

It was a week of song. You know, one of those that every day after you wake up, start getting ready for the day, some annoying little song plants itself into your mind and won't let go? Of course it's cute for the first chorus, but then by 10, when you are downing a second pot of coffee, and your singing it to yourself when people come in to get a cup, (am I really the only one who does that?) I am almost at the point of finding a hammer and beating it out of my head. Sometimes you don't even realize you are doing it. Example we are in the car, going home. I am just watching out the window, looking at the scenery. Hubby goes, "Why are you singing a Christmas song??" "What??" I say, as I look around innocently like I have no clue what he's talking about. At least today's song was something country I could get away with. If you hear someone singing "I Told You So", it's probably me. I am undecided if I like Carrie Underwoods version. I guess I'm testing both out in my head??

Anyways.....enough of that. If this spring is any inclination to what summer is going to be, we are in for it. It has been 70 the last two days, and suppose to be that warm and then some the next few. I can live with warmer weather. It means more days with my boys, like in the picture below. Aren't they cute??


Today is my Saturday to work. I hate those. It did give me time to blog though, and get caught up with everyone while I am here alone. I do miss seeing what is going on with my bloggy friends. I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weather. Hubby and I are going to start outdoor projects soon. Flower beds, painting, walk ways, etc.

Have a great rest of the weekend!!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Hope you feel better soon!
I know those little songs that get stuck in the head and sometimes it drives me bonkers!
Wow a 70* day sounds wonderful I woke up to it being 1* out there, but then that's Alaska for ya.

Indiana Angel said...

Hope you're feeling better! Those songs just plant themselves and take root, don't they? LOL Hope you're able to evict it before it bugs you too much.

Thank you so very much for your kind words on my blog. It really helps hearing the experience of others who have had anxiety or panic attacks and what they've used to help them work through. This too shall pass, I know, and I keep reminding myself that we'll make it no matter what. We're nothing if not a strong family and as scary as all of this is and as badly as I deal with the 'not knowing' part of it all, I know we'll eventually come out the other side.