"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~~Wisdom from Dr. Seuss:

2.25.2011

Here I Am

I saw a post on Facebook earlier this week it said something like,

An old man once said....There comes a time in life when you  walk away from all the drama and the people who create it.  You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good.
So love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't.  Life is too short to be anything but happy.
Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living.
That is how I am feeling.  This last year has been rough.
I'm sick of the drama that has surrounded me.
Sick of my reaction to it.
Unhappy with the unwanted stuff I have allowed into my life and my family.


I haven't posted in almost 2 weeks.  I've been "resting" (mostly sleeping day and night with the exception of the half days I'm working right now and the drive) doctor's orders, literally.  I'm on a trial run of 2 weeks, with the possibility of 4-6 total.  I think the whole reason I am in this shape  is because after so long negativity of "life" overwhelms your mind and takes over your body's well being.

One of the reasons why I went back to the original title of my blog, "Ramblings From The Foothills" because that is what I want it to be. Just me rambling about what I want.  Fun stuff, funny stuff, recipes and daily life that is not negative!  Not that it hasn't been, but "It Is What It Is" fit the whole "attitude" I had picked up.

Today I want to be washed clean.  Start a fresh with a fresh slate.
That is one of the greatest things about being a child of God, His mercy and grace He continually pours out upon us even when we continue to be hard headed.  

Slate is clean.
I am being refreshed.
Tomorrow is a new day and the first day of the rest of my life!



4 comments:

Taylor said...

Great attitude! Life is so short, it's great to go through it trying to make the most of it. My BIL always says "today I choose to be happy" and sometimes it drives me nuts, LOL, but it's funny how much I think about his words when I am feeling negative about anything.

Pedaling said...

i quite like what the old man said.

Sometimes it's a good thing for the soul to wash the slate clean....tomorrow IS a new day!
A bright day!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment. I love your blog also.
I want to know whats in the cupcakes that the inital is on. It almost looks like cookie of some sort. You would think Knoxville would have some great cupcake places, I have yet to see any. lol

Lisa

Queen-Size funny bone said...

Again this morning i woke wondering what is my purpose? I am having a real problem coming up with a answer, I keep drowning in the grief of what could have been. I wish you well with your new life. A positive attitude is half the battle if you can saturate yourself in goodness.