"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~~Wisdom from Dr. Seuss:

2.15.2010

Randomness of the Weekend

We went to Indiana this weekend for Grandma's 88th Birthday
We had almond pound cake with strawberry buttercream icing.
Happy Birthday Grandma Bertha!!

I got to spend the night at Bentley's place with Aunt Mattie & Cousin Kathryn
We stopped here on the way home Sunday
for DH to have his coconut pie
and me to have chocolate...mmmmmmmmmm
at this Mom & Pop place below Bedford
where we started seeing this all the way home for the next 3hrs!
all in all it was a great weekend!!
Just what I asked for!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I want pie.
Or maybe cake.
Mmmmm.....

Marie said...

Oh my gosh, look at that cake!! Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my face...Great pics!

Nancy M. said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! What a beautiful cake!

tammy said...

Happy B-day to your Grandma! Isn't she beautiful? My great-grandma was named Bertha. And look at that cake, not to mention the pie! I want dessert now.

Taylor said...

That is some cake! It looks soooo goood!!

~Kat~ said...

That's a great post Maria! I'm swiping your pic because I can't get mine to upload from my "picture computer." The Gables isn't a bad place to eat. The locals here really like it.

Glad you got to come stay with us and had a good visit! Can't wait to see you next time!