"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~~Wisdom from Dr. Seuss:

8.24.2009

Work Spouse is defined in Wikipedia as


a co-worker usually of the opposite sex with whom one shares a special relationship, having bonds similar to those of a marriage; such as, special confidences, loyalties, shared jokes and experiences, and an unusual degree of honesty or openness. The work spouse is a potentially key relationship when one's actual spouse or boy/girlfriend is not able to understand the nuances of the workplace. As people work more and more and spend less and less time at home, these hybrid relationships have begun to spawn more and more. While it is not unusual for the relationship to contain elements of flirtation, this relationship can be threatened rather than enhanced if it becomes sexual.

This has been on my mind for some time now. I've had people refer to me as the "work wife" at work to a couple fellow employees. It highly offended me at first. Especially because the comment was made to my new boss in front of me like I wasn't even there. I have found when you work with several women sometimes jealousy or hormones get in the way, I'm just not sure which at times.

Why is that people think it's hard for women and men to be just friends?

Is it not possible?

Are the ones who make the comments jealous because none of the men like them at all?

Just putting it out there. Tell me what you think.....


1 comment:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I was a woman working in a mans environment and I was comments were always made like boy it sounds like you two are married. I have to admit in the past 10 years ago I have had nicer relationships with co-workers than my own husband.